Search This Blog

Thursday, June 2, 2011

The 2011 Boycott of Jeff Van Gundy


If you're like me, tonight you will mute your television as you watch the 2011 NBA Finals in order to spare yourself from the color commentary of Jeff Van Gundy. I've never really been a fan of Van Gundy's commentating over they years, whether it be the anecdotal rants about him and his brother Stan, his ignorance of NBA rules, or the immature way he insists on upstaging and arguing with co-commentator Mark Jackson. Game 1 of the NBA Finals made it official, Van Gundy is my least favorite commentator of all time. While van Gundy is, to say the least, annoying, what infuriates me the most is the way he turns the focus from the game to himself. The arrogance and unprofessionalism of his commentary diverts viewers away from what is important, basketball. I never thought he could get worse than than last year's Celtics-Lakers Final but he is on pace to out do himself this series. What happened to the class and professionalism of Bob Costas and Ahmad Rashad? This year makes me miss the NBA on NBC more than ever. So please, join me in personal protest against a man trying to be bigger than the game at hand.

I'd like to end with a quote from a classic masterpiece of cinema, Billy Madison:

"...what you've just said is one of the most insanely idiotic things I have ever heard. At no point in your rambling, incoherent response were you even close to anything that could be considered a rational thought. Everyone in this room is now dumber for having listened to it. I award you no points, and may God have mercy on your soul."

Court Adjourned

No comments:

Post a Comment